Put yourself in the picture! Take a look at our Internship pages and get an idea of what our staff and interns’ urban agricultural adventures have looked like in the past. Do you think you’d like to put yourself in the picture? Join Main Street Market for an urban farming internship. Apply for a job. Or, sign up for a Workshare and have your vegetables and eat them too.
Live-in Internships include options such as an invitation for an urban agriculture intern to spend 5-10 months living and learning with us during the growing season. Our intern will be involved in every aspect of our work—in the greenhouse and field, home and market—from soil amendment and seeding, through growing and weeding, to cooking with and eating the harvest.
Experience farm life in the city!
Successful candidates will:
- be physically fit and able to work outdoors in most weather
- dream of running their own (urban) farm some day
- enjoy active transport, commuting by bicycle and foot
- arrive ready to learn and contribute
- be able to perform supervised and self-directed work, in a team or solo setting
- submit resume, cover letter and 2 references – contact us to start the ball rolling
- room and board provided in exchange for 25+ hours labour per week (wireless internet, laundry facilities and solar hot water showers included)
- extra cash jobs / assistance finding employment in Kingston provided
- monthly stipend offered as available
- bonus paid at end of growing season
- at least 3 visits to other gardens/farms and pertinent workshops included
- time will be taken each week to answer questions and address concerns
Main Street Market hosts WWOOFers – click to find us (search for “Ontario”).